Our supportive culture and career development opportunities make for a brilliant place to work.
There’s huge satisfaction from knowing that your talent and hard work has a purpose. You are making a difference that counts.
Not only are you helping people recover from an injury or illness, you are supporting employers to promote sustainable work practices.
You won’t be forgotten here.
Your career at EML will be full of opportunities to gain new skills, work, grow and succeed with us.
The focus and support we provide for career development are one of the reasons we have such a vibrant, engaged and talented team.
Top Insurance Employer
We are honoured to be announced as an Insurance Business Australia 2021 Top Insurance Employer, in recognition of the great workplace culture we have here at EML.
We stand together as equals
EML is an equal opportunity employer so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We’re committed to maintaining a workplace where everyone feels valued and where we show respect, integrity and honesty.
- Building a gender inclusive culture that supports women in our talent pipeline
- Unbiased recruitment practices that encourage people of all ages, backgrounds, religions, sexual orientation and gender identity to apply
- Eliminating workplace discrimination, bullying and harassment
- Providing reasonable adjustments to accommodate applicants with disabilites
- Working with the Australian Network on Disability (AND) to provide an appropriate recruitment process and employment experience to all candidates
- Listening to different perspectives and being open to new ideas
We recognise that the most innovative solutions and ideas come from a diverse group of minds, cultures, experiences and viewpoints. We celebrate innovation just as we celebrate and value the differences that make up our incredible team.
Just as we care for our customers,
we care for our people.
Our employee benefits are another way we say ‘thank you’.
Health & Wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Care Program
- Medibank Corporate Private Health Insurance
- Annual Flu Vaccinations
- Domestic Violence Support
- Fruit boxes delivered twice a week to the office
Take care of your family
- Up to 16 weeks of Paid Parental Leave for primary caregivers
- 10 days paid parental leave for non-primary caregivers
- Retailer discounts and exclusive offers available through our RewardsHub
- Specsavers corporate discount
- Subsidised fitness events
- Gym discounts
- Novated car lease
- Discounted flights with Virgin Australia
- Discounts with the car sharing platform GoGet
- Join Sunsuper, EML’s default superannuation fund, to gain access to a wide variety of lifestyle offers and benefits
Supporting work / life balance
- Flexible working arrangements – we offer you the opportunity of flexible working so you can achieve a better work life balance and increase your wellness through monthly Rostered Day’s Off, Working from Home flexibility and hours of work
Reward & Recognition
- Tenure Recognition
- Employee Recognition Payment
- National Excellence Awards
- Business Unit Quarterly Awards
- Employee events
- 17.5% leave loading
Your career at EML will be full of opportunities to gain new skills. Our people tend to stay a while because we provide support and stimulation to keep you encouraged every step of the way.
As a growing business, there are plenty of opportunities for developing your career, including secondments and transfers across many of our Australian office locations.
We’ll also expose you to a wide range of management and leadership development courses and accredited training.
Talent and succession planning
We identify the top performers across our business. This annual review means we can ensure upcoming opportunities are aligned with individual career aspirations.
National claims career pathway
We provide opportunities for development and promotion within our claims departments by setting clear competency expectations and providing support to address learning needs required in each role.
Our suite of face-to-face training courses offers a range of learning opportunities aligned to the technical capabilities and core competencies for all roles across our business.
Our online learning system provides access to a wide range of interpersonal, professional and management development courses.
Leader development program
Our leadership program is structured for all levels of leadership, from emerging leader through to senior leadership.
Whether you’re at the start of your career or you’re highly experienced in workers compensation and injury management, a wide range of technical training is available to support you.
Our business areas
Renowned for consistently delivering customer care with integrity, EML operates nationally across public and private sectors with new and well-established partnerships in place.
Our people are united by a single purpose to help people get their lives back.
We are a leading workers compensation and personal injury claims management business. Our goal is to help people get their lives back through ongoing support during their return-to-work journey.
Meet our people
Head of COVID Claims
Over 10 years working with EML, Chrissie commenced as a Claims Assistant Role, and is now head of COVID Claims and encompasses EML’s high performance fun culture.
Goal setting has proved a valuable way for Steven to build his career and motivate his team to strive for excellence.
Manager, Recovering Independence
EML’s mission to help people get their lives back has been a strong motivator for Alice during her 11 years with EML.